You can create courses and then deliver them via course sessions or program. EduBrite allows you to monetize the course sessions and program sessions (bundle of multiple courses), which enables you to grant subscription-based access to your courses. Since every course session has a start and end date, the subscription to course expires once the course session ends. You can also create course sessions, where access to the course can be restricted to N days for each student. This can be defined by editing the course session. This property can be used to sell access to course for a fixed number of days, regardless of the course session's duration.
Here is a step by step instruction to monetize your courses:
Steps to be done in Microsite Configuration
- Enable Self Signup: Open Site Admin -> Site Details page, and go to the Security tab and checkmark "Enable Seld Signup", if not enabled and save.
- Payment Setup: Open the Site Admin -> Site Details page, and go to the Features tab. Enable Commerce feature, and save
- Currency Code: By default, all sites use USD as the site's acceptable currency. Besides USD, following additional currency codes are also supported - CAD, AUD, EUR, MXN (Mexican Peso) and INR.
- Site's default currency can be changed from 'Payment Integration details' page.
- CAD works for Paypal and Authorize.net
- INR works only with CC Avenue payment provider
- AUD works for MerchantWarrior or Paypal
- MXN works for Paypal only
- USD works for Paypal and Authorize.net
- Go to Payment Integration Details tab, and enable a payment provider (Paypal, Authorize.net, Stripe, CC Avenue [for INR] or Shopify), and save
- Fill the payment provider-specific fields
Merchant Warrior Parameters
Steps to be done in Course Session
- After creating a course session (refer to course session articles), go to Course Session details page and click on Edit
- Change the access type of the course session to Paid
- Enter the price for the course session, currency and payment method (depending on which providers you have enabled in the site, and currency code configured for the site)
- Save and close, to go back to Course Session details page
- Optional - Click on Small banner link, a WYSIWYG editor will open where you can enter small banner content (ideally 200x100 dimension). You can enter any HTML code, or attach an image by clicking on the Attachment icon. Once you attach the image, clicking again on the attachment icon will allow you to select it for inserting into the content. Once ready, click on Save Draft and then Publish
- Optional - Go back to the Course Session Details page, and click on the Big Banner link. Enter the full page description of the course, which you want to show to the buyers. You can add images in the content by following the same steps (as described in Small banner). Once ready, click on Save Draft and then Publish
- Everything we need to do in the course session is done now, Access course catalog. You can logout and login as a student to view the Buyer's experience. Note that course session has to be Active otherwise, it would not appear in Paid Courses listing
- Note that, you can create Paid course sessions, and keep their price to 0, which will also list the course in the catalog, and will allow learners to Enroll without any payment
- All users who have not yet enrolled in a specific course session, will see a Buy button for paid course sessions listed in the page
- Buyer can follow the Buy button to make online payment or can subscribe using coupon code which are created with full subscription value. (Read more about coupon code in the next section.). If the offline payment method was selected for the item, then only way to subscribe is by using a coupon code.
Paypal Direct Pay
If you have Paypal Pro merchant account, then you can enable direct pay option (if you like) to allow the users to complete the payment by using any credit/debit card (accepted by PayPal) on the microsite itself. Users will not be forwarded to Paypal site in this case.
Tracking Payment Transactions
- Site admins can view all transactions by going to Site Admin->Payment Transactions menu
Creating Coupon Codes
- On the course session overview page, you will see another tab "Coupon Codes" for Course Session having access Type as 'paid' or 'By Invite'
- Go to Coupon Codes tab and click on Create Code
- There are 3 types of coupons you can create
- Codes which allow subscription without any payment. You can enter the value of a coupon here, which would allow that many usages of the coupon. So a value of 5 here would mean, 5 learners can subscribe using the same code. By default, the value is 1
- Codes which offer specific amount as a discount (currency is always the same as the currency of course session's price)
- Codes which offer specific % discount (actual discount amount would be equal to % of the price set for the course session, and is calculated at transaction time)
- Coupon codes can be created for a specific group only, Only members of that group can enroll using group-specific code.
- Select appropriate type of code, enter the number of codes you want to generate, and coupon's expiry date (optional). None of the fields can be changed for any coupon after its generation. Click Save
- Coupon code list will allow you to view all coupons for the course session. You can also download the list to a CSV file. Coupon codes can be shared with users using any method outside of EduBrite platform (email, print etc)
Catalog with Multi-Currency option
Multi-currency can be enabled in a microsite from 'Payment Integration' page. Site admin can enable the option and select supported currencies. For details refer to article Payment in multiple currencies.