Instructor led classes are mapped as Events in EduBrite. Events can be of following types
- Online events
- Exam (Scheduled Test)
- Survey (Scheduled Survey)
- Online Class (webinar/meeting)
- Offline events (like offline classroom sessions, offline meeting etc)
Although EduBrite supports creating events outside of a course session also (directly within groups or within site), but its best to create these events inside course session, if they related to training. Events outside of course session are best used for collaboration purpose only.
External conferencing tools
For online meeting/webinar, EduBrite integrates with several
Online Integrations can be enabled from Site Admin -> Online Event Integrations tab. Enable the respected integration checkbox and enter the integration specific settings. User specific integration settings needs to be entered in user profile.
Instructor led course generally consists of several events which occur on specified dates and time. Typically every event is a repetition of the same content delivery, but that is left on the implementers to decide whether they deliver same or different content in each events. Each event can be set with a specific access type - free, by invite or paid.
- Free events (within a course session) allow existing course session members to self enroll in event.
- By Invite events allow instructor or admin to choose the participants (also referred as subscribers). A user can not self enroll in by invite event.
- Paid events (created within course session) appears in catalog, and the users can buy the subscription. Upon purchase the user is added in event and event's parent course session.
Creating ILT course
To create instructor led classes follow these steps:
Create a course
Create a course, which may or may not have any course content. If the course doesn't have any automatic mechanism for awarding the certificate (like an exam), then its best to turn off Auto Award Certificate property of the course.
Authorize and Create Course Session
- Authorize the course to a group (e.g. Training group) and create course session, but keep the access type to By Invite
Enable Course Sessions Settings
- Edit the course session's settings, and enable Event and Attendance feature (as per your need you can also enable other features used in ILT such as Grades, Assignments, Forum, Poll, Course Session updates etc. Disable other features that you don't need.
Now create events in this course session, for each day and time you want to schedule a class. The type of event could be offline or online.
Event Access Type
Event can be created using accessType Free/By Invite/Paid/Open-Instructor's approval/Open-Group Admin's approval.
- Free - Choose the event's accessType according to your needs. If the particular event is for everyone in the course session, then select accessType as Free.
- By Invite - If admin's will control the enrollment then it should be set with access type as 'by invite'. Self enrollment will not be available.
- Paid - If you want to sell the event, then make it paid event and set the price and payment provider.
- Open-Instructor's approval -User can self enroll in the event but membership approval will be required by course session's instructor.
- Open-Group Admin's approval - User can self enroll in the event but membership approval will be required by group admins.
- Multiple events can be added in a course session.
To repeat the similar event many times on different dates, you can use the Copy event feature, Copy menu option is available on Event's Overview tab.
Event's other details can be added in Advance edit page. Event’s detailed description can be added in Big Banner placement and few other placements can be used like Learning Objective,Payment info etc, profile section placement can be used to add additional sections like instructor's Bio, details etc. Those appears on event overview page. learner can view these information before enrollment.
- A logo and Description can be added for event, that appears on catalog list page. If you have an event where you want to limit the number of attendees, then specify subscribers limit.
- Event Location can be selected from the list of locations created in the site (Locations are created using group type - Test/Training Center (ILT locations). A new location can be created using create new location link
- Instructor's schedule can be accessed using the 'Check Instructor Schedule' link and in case of conflicts, Schedule conflict is presented so that it can be resolved by assigning some other instructor.
Event Subscription :
Admin/instructor can add members in the event and there are options to create invoice for enrollment and mark it paid/payment pending. Invoice creation is used in offline payment scenario.
Invoice creation option provides a field to add external invoice id, it allows to capture other system's invoice id, that can be used for tracking transactions.
Users can self enroll in the events through catalog/calendar for paid events and free events appears on user's dashboard event panel.
- Admin can access event's participants list, There is a option to download sign-in sheet.
To register attendance, admin can either go to Participants tab of the specific Event to select all attendees that have attended the event, and mark their attendance. Or alternatively you can go to Attendance tab for the specific Course Session and use the built in attendance tool, see this article for details
- If needed course can also be awarded from course session attendance screen, It's useful if event is the only item in the course and course should be marked completed if user has attended the event.
- If your course has any assignments, you can add them in the course session, see this article for details
- If your course has any end of course Exam (scheduled exam on specific day), then create an exam event in the course session, and mark it as End of Course Exam. The significance of this exam is when it finishes, all users who take the exam and get the passing score will be awarded the course completion status. And if the course has certificate option enabled, then learners would get the completion certificate notification to download their certificate.
- If your course has to be manually awarded to learners by an instructor or admin, then enable the Grades tab thru settings in course session. And edit the grades for the course session and mark the learner's awarded status, see this article for details
Please refer to course for Detailed Setup for Instructor Led Training, Additional features like invoice creation-offline payment tracking and Waitlist management is described in this course.
Note: You can manage planning, enrollment, post event tests/surveys and provide other learning materials for ILT sessions just like a normal course session. It is not required to use online delivery methods like WebEx integration.