Course using voiced and animated powerpoint
If you have voiced powerpoint presentations, you can import that in the course as a lesson of type uploaded file type (normal way you would upload a Powerpoint file). After the lesson is processed (converted to SWF), you would be able to preview it and all slides would be present without any audio or timing. You need to perform few additional steps to process the contained audio with each slide.
Note - use only PPTX files for getting these advanced options in LMS. If you have PPT file, you can save it as PPTX first locally, before uploading. Also, if you have audio for slides, then make sure these audio files are embedded rather than linked.
A. Creating a New lesson - using 'Upload file type' option.
B. Drag and drop pptx file in Course Editor right area -
File Processing : File goes through a conversion process to create pdf, swf, thumbnail. Once conversion is completed split option appears.
C. Split Lesson into parts : You would see Split Lesson into parts button when you select the lesson created from the PPTX. Click on this button to split the PPTX lesson into individual slides.
After the split, your lesson's slide would result in several lessons to get created with single slide in each of them. Besides showing the 1 page slide, these individual parts also have linked Audio imported from the powerpoint. Open the AV tab to check the imported audio.
The original lesson would become hidden in the course (would appear with orange color and striked font in the editor and would not appear in course player).
Slide Audio file are present in Video/Audio Tab -
Course player - These slides would appear like this in the course player -
Additional Resources - Video Tutorial for creating course using voiced powerpoint :
Create course using animated powerpoint presentations (Feature available for Elite Plan only.)
A. Create a lesson by uploading animated powerpoint presentation : After upload file will be processed.
B. Split Lesson in individual slides 'With animation' option: After processing is done You will see 2 split option 'With animation' and 'without animation' . Use with animation for powerpoint having animation.
C. Slides processing after split : Each slide is converted into video. Video processing takes some time depending upon processing queue.
D. Course player : Course player will not show the striped out lesson ( that has original file), Only lessons created as part of splitting will be presented. Each
Additional Resources : Video Tutorial for creating course using animated presentation :
- Embedded Vs linked Audio file : If audio is not working after upload and split process, Please check audio files are embedded or linked in your presentation. Embedded audio files are stored within the powerpoint but a linked file is stored outside of the presentation ( On local computer where pptx was created) . To verify audio is embedded not linked, access that powerpoint using some other computer ( not the original where presentation was created), If audio works from other computer means audio is embedded. In case of the linked file you will see a message 'Media not found" when try to play audio from other computer.
- File type ppt vs pptx : Please make sure you are uploading pptx file not ppt file.
- How to hide speaker icon on slides : When creating a voiced powerpoint, you can drag the audio icon off the edge of the slide.
- Supported audio files - We support WAV, MP3 and WMA all 3 formats typically embedded in Powerpoint files.If you record the audio in Powerpoint 2013, its most likely a WMA format, for older versions its typically a WAV format.
- Slide Size : power point slide size can be changed to wide screen as most of the users have wide screens, course player will not show scroll bar for wide screen presentation.
Lesson Processing Details :
When a presentation is uploaded, it goes through multiple processing steps. In Lesson content tab You can check indicators to verify processing status. When a process complete respective indicator becomes bold. Once all bits look bold, you can be sure final version is ready.
You might see a inaccurate view of the slide until W bit is not bold like W.
- User Interface
- Editing/Adding Lesson Content
- Lessons using voiced/animated powerpoint
- Emedded content (video, iframe)
- Adding Tests / Surveys (Evaluations)
- Generating Test
- Rearranging course items
- Presenter Notes
- Timing lesson / slides (syncing video)
- Course & Module Properties
- Lesson Properties
- Editing Lesson TOC
- Editing Quiz Properties
- Scheduling the course and adding members
- Course Details
- Importing lessons from other courses (linking lessons)
- Bulk upload of entire course, or several modules
- Share course on LinkedIn and Facebook
- Course Sharing in Multiple Sites
- Additional Downloadable Resources
- Import content from Confluence in Courses
- Import content from Dropbox
- Course Archiving