Course and Module Properties
In the course properties view, Code and Name are the mandatory properties which must be filled in.
- Code - a unique short code for this course.
- Name - name for this course
- Description - short 255 character description (plain text) which appears in the lists. To enter detailed full page description or adding learning objectives, go to course details and add it there.
- Auto Award Certificate - this property in conjunction with Auto Grading in the course session, allow having courses which enrolled candidates can complete online and get a certificate automatically. You can add a mandatory quiz in the course, and set a passing score in it. Once candidates take the quiz and score more than passing score, then they will be provided a link to download the ceritifcate in the course player, and on their transcript page. Note that Auto Award Certificate at course level must be enabled to auto calculate grades even if you don't want to enable certificate. Certificate can be turned off at course session level by using No Certificate option.
- Duration - duration of the course. By default it gets calculated by summing up durations of all the modules. But you can override that and specify a different value.
- Shared Resource - Once a course is created as shared resource, its lessons can be linked into other courses. While creating a new lesson, you will now get a new option to link the lesson from other courses, and will be provided a list of courses to choose from. That list will only show shared courses. Read more about sharing lessons
- Offline Access on iPad - this property will allow users using EduBrite iPad app, to download this course's lessons to view it offline (when not connected). The downloaded files are stored in app specific local folders to disallow users to view or access them from any other application, other than EduBrite app.
- Shareable in social networks - this property allows sharing buttons to show up when learners launch the course
- Allow comments & ratings - this property enables learners to add comments for the course and rate the course. Comments and ratings are visible to other learners also.
- Certificate - certificate template to use for this course. You can create custom certificate by going to CMS module. Select specific template from the configured template in the site. If no custom template is created in site, then this option would not be available.
- Credits - default credits for the course. You can use this field to represent Credit or CEU (which is gennerally 1/10th of the credit) or Training Hours. If this course gets added in a Program, you would be able to change the credit for the course in the program later.
- Price - default price of the course, applicable only if you create Paid courseSession
- Don't allow global coupon code - if you have created coupon codes at the site level, which are good for all courses, this checkbox will allow you to exclude this course from accepting any global code (for paid course sessions). If you are selling a bundle of courses by creating program, then a similar field is also available in the program's editing screen which can be used to exclude programs to not accept global coupon codes.
- External Id - Id needed to integrate with other third party site.
- Weighted grading on Quizzes - this option enables assigning weights in course quizzes, sum of all weights should be 100.
- Use best score in Quiz grading -In case of multiple quiz attempts, Course grades are calculated using learners average scores of all attempts. This option allows to use quiz best score for course grading.
- Logo - logo image for the course, it is used in Course Catalog page and in the activity update on LinkedIn when sharing the course.
- Badge - A badge can be linked to a course, On course completion badge will be awarded ti learner. Badge will appear on user's dashboard and profile page.
Course Player Settings :
- Use Flash Player - If html5 player is enabled in microsite, then all courses will use html5 player by default. Use this setting to override.
- Show Outline as List - this property allows you to set display mode for outline in the course player to List View. By default outline is shown as hierarchical tree. In the list view, scorm modules, lessons and tests are shown without any module/topic hierarchy in the sequential order.
- Striped Outline - If selected Course outline will appear as striped.
- Collapse left navigation menu -If this setting is selected, Left Navigation menu collapses when course player starts. It provided bigger space to course player.
- Expand Outline Tree - this property allows initial view of the course outline in the course player fully expanded so that all topics, all lessons and tests are visible to the learner.
Non Expanded Outline View ( Default view) :
- Item Tabs - if this option is selected, then player will provide additional tabs to filter the course outline by showing just the lessons, tests, assignments or everything. This is useful in cases when your course has 100s of items divided into several modules and you want to make sure the learners don't miss any
- List/Tree View - this option allows showing or hiding the list/tree view buttons in course outline
- Outline on right - this option swaps the normal position of outline and content, and moves the outline to the right.
- Timers - this option enables to show a timer in course player and show time spent in current lesson/module or course as selected in timer option.
- Show go back to beginning button- If setting enabled, A button 'Go back to beginnig' is provided when user reaches to the End of course.
- Show completion screen automatically- by default this setting is enabled and course completion screen appears as soon as user completes last mandatory item. If setting is not enabled user will get a course completion notification on course player but course player full screen will stay on the same item that was open. Disabling it is useful in case of course having a test as last mandatory item. in that case once user completes last test course player will show test result at the same time course gets marked complete so to keep user on test result screen and showing completion notification in the side will be better option from user's perspective.
Module, Topic or Scorm Properties
- Name : name is mandatory field in this property view,
- Duration : you can optionally specify duration for the module, topic or scorm package. If not specified, then duration for module or topic is calculated by adding the durations of all the topics, scorm and lessons under it. Duration can be used to populate default start and end dates for the modules and topics when a course session gets created. Course Session can further set the property to enforce these dates to lock access to any lesson or quiz inside the module / topic.
- Minimum Required Time: This property enforces user to spend specified time in the module before moving to next item in the course.
Scorm Properties -
Please find details of scorm specific properties scorm properties details
Lesson Properties -
Please find details of Lesson specific properties Course Editor - Lesson properties
Specifying metadata for Courses
In the course editor, you can click on metadata button to open the dialog, which shows presently configured metadata in the site. You can choose the appropriate values for the course. Metadata is editable only while course is in Inactive status. If the course is published, re-edit it to add/edit the metadata. Metadata is used to provide filtering of items in the catalog.
- User Interface
- Editing/Adding Lesson Content
- Lessons using voiced/animated powerpoint
- Emedded content (video, iframe)
- Adding Tests / Surveys (Evaluations)
- Generating Test
- Rearranging course items
- Presenter Notes
- Timing lesson / slides (syncing video)
- Course & Module Properties
- Lesson Properties
- Editing Lesson TOC
- Editing Quiz Properties
- Scheduling the course and adding members
- Course Details
- Importing lessons from other courses (linking lessons)
- Bulk upload of entire course, or several modules
- Share course on LinkedIn and Facebook
- Course Sharing in Multiple Sites
- Additional Downloadable Resources
- Import content from Confluence in Courses
- Import content from Dropbox
- Course Archiving