Manage Instructor Led Trainings
Our getting started tutorials focus more on self paced trainings, and many times we are asked about whether EduBrite can be used in fully or partially Instructor Led training delivery. So this week we are sharing high level points which will help you in using EduBrite for running ILT programs:
- Course: Just like self paced delivery, you have to first create a course which can include lessons and quizzes. You can keep some or all lessons and quizzes reserved for instructor only, by unchecking their Viewable or Takable property. This can be useful to keep resources available only for instructors. You can also simply create a skeleton course with no lessons, if course doesn’t have any resources or lessons.
- Schedule: Next, you need to schedule it and create a course session. If you like to define timetable for a course session which is few weeks or months long, just edit the session and you will be able to set dates of each module and topic.
- Enroll: You can make the session open to enroll for trainees or add the trainees yourself. You can also set a price if you like to sell the enrollment to course session. Paid sessions will start appearing in the course catalog from where users can buy the enrollment
- Calendar and Events: Course session’s settings allow you to turn on/off additional features like Calendar, Events and Exam which can be useful to setup specific lectures, meetings or conferences
- Assignments: Instructor can create timed assignments with a start and due date and assign to all or specific trainees. Trainees can submit their assignments which instructors can evaluate and grade.
- Collaboration: Other features like sub-groups, files & article sharing, forum and poll can be enabled in the course session by editing its settings. These allow trainees and instructors to engage in collaborative learning processes by asking questions, sharing resources and collecting opinions.
- Gradebook: ILT sessions also allow you to manually configure gradebook with specifically weighted grading categories and come up with final grading criteria which is very specific to your programs.
- End of course exam: ILT sessions can also use exams inside course session and mark some of the exams as end-of-course-exam which becomes the final criteria to determine completion status of the trainees.
Next week, we’ll be back with more updates and tips. If you have any question, feel free to post them in the User Community on support.edubrite.com. For common questions you can check FAQs on the support site.