Adding a Confluence page as a lesson
Confluence pages from the Confluence server can be added as a lesson in a course. This requires adding the "EduBrite LMS Page" macro on a page and configuring the macro properties, CourseId and Module Name of the course where a Confluence page is added as a lesson.
Once the macro is added in confluence page, any subsequent changes in those pages are automatically pushed from Confluence server (via a batch) to LMS, or sync can be performed manually as needed.
Here are the steps to configure the "EduBrite LMS Page" macro:
1. Get the CourseId and module name from the course by opening to the course editor in EduBrite LMS. The Confluence server's page will be added as a lesson in the selected course and module. Course id is in guid format and is 36 characters long.
2. Open a Confluence Page, Edit the page. Go to Insert more content in the toolbar (+ sign) and select Other macros. Search for "EduBrite LMS Page" and add this macro to the page.
3. Complete the configuration of the macro by setting CourseId and Module name.
4. Save and finish the Macro configuration and then Save the page.
5. Now open the page in view mode and goto the action menu, and click on Sync To LMS option.
6. This will perform the sync with LMS for this specific page, and after completion you will see a success message as shown below, once everything is complete.
- If you see an error like failed or not authorized error, please check if the current Confluence user exists on LMS and has access to course where we are trying to add content
- If course is being edited by another user in LMS, it may result in conflict in editing in some cases. So make sure the corresponding course in LMS is published (Active) state, before performing the sync
- If your Confluence page uses any macro which require a Confluence environment access, for rendering each time, they may not get exported properly in the page's synced content in LMS. Normal text, embedded images should work well.
Automatic (batch) Syncing of pages
Changes in all Confluence pages with "EduBrite LMS Page" macro are pushed to LMS using an automatic mechanism.
Gilly includes a batch job which can be configured to run few times a day (by default, it runs every 12 hours). To configure this, go to Confluence's General Configuration and look under Scheduled Jobs. The batch will search for all pages which have the "EduBrite LMS Page" macro added, and it will auto-sync those pages to the corresponding course.
In order for batch to run, you must also configure the confluence user name in the Manage Learners page. This is the user account which will be used to sync the page to LMS. This account has to have permission (in LMS) to update the content in any courses which need to have auto synced content.
To configure the user who will be used to run the batch as, Goto Gilly Menu: Help -> Manage Learners
Enter the name of the Confluence admin user in the Auto Sync and click Update Auto Sync Setting