A program is a collection of courses grouped as a single unit for delivery. Before creating a program, first create the courses which you want to add in the program and authorize them to the group where you like to create the program. Once this is done, you can begin by following these steps:
- Open the Programs list from Course->Programs menu, and click on Create Program and then select the specific group from the drop down OR go to the particular group, and open the Programs tab for that group, and click on Create Program
- Enter the details (name, code, description), select program type from the drop down and Save
- Select Membership Criteria ( All / Group members), Membership Criteria is used to show filtered list in catalog based on user's group membership. Course Catalog shows only paid program sessions. Non paid program sessions are visible only to the group members of the program.
- Select a certificate template (if any custom templates exist), or choose No certificate in case you don't want to generate certificate at the end of the program
- Other fields
- Min Credit: allows you to define min number of credits needed to get the program completion status. Min credits should be less than total credits (sum of all course's credits)
- Pre-Requisite : allows to specify program dependency by adding another program as the pre-requisite for this program. User can take this program after completing the program specified as the prerequite for this program.
- Reminder Days before End: comma separated list of days on which reminder needs to be sent to program members (learners) for completion of the program.
- Enable Enrollment Notification: select this checkbox, to trigger email notification to learners when they become program's member
- Badge: Enable badge if want to award a badge on program completion.
Once saved, Click on Add Course button to add courses in the program. -
- Choose courses from left panel and add to right panel in selected courses list. Multiple courses can be added.
- membership critera - All ( default) / Group members / program members)
- enrollmentType - (Auto Assigned (default) / ElectedByUser ) If Group level AutoEnrollment to program is turned on, User will be added to active program sessions. Upon enrollment to program session user will be auto enrolled to course sessions based on enrollmentType. Course Sessions with enrollmentType as ElectedBy user wouldn't be auto enrolled.
- Course dependency (Pre-Requisites) - Courses in a program can have pre-requisite relation between them. Selecting Pre-requisite option creates courses dependency using the order specified while adding the courses. Course order is set in the right panel, to change order select the course and use Up/Down icon. [ Students can't launch the courses for which they have not yet completed the pre-requisite.]
Individual courses settings like PreRequisite, Credits, EnrollmentType etc can be updated later using individual course settings edit.
Edit Course properties :
After adding all the courses, Individual course's prorperty can be edited.
Course properties - PreRequisite, credits, Optional ( By default all courses are added as Mandatory) can be updated.
A heading can be added to group multiple courses as a section. Heading that will appear above this course in program details page.
After you have added courses and specified credits for them, you can specify the min credits required to complete the program (award the certificate). Total credits available in the program is auto calculated by summing up all credits of individual courses.
Add a logo image that will appear in catalog page.
Enable Badge and link badge image is needed.
Create program session -
Program Session in catalog list
Program Session Overview Page -
- Program Creation
- Program Session Creation
- Program Session - Adding Learners
- Program Session - Self Enrollment
- Managing Learners in Program
- Learner's View/Progress in Program
- Program - Adding New Course & Course Session
- Program Completion / Award
- Program Completion Certificate
- Program having N days rolling access in each course
- Rolling Courses Schedule using course duration