Members can be added in the group by group owner or admin. Open the Group's Members tab and click on the Add Members button.
Members can be added by selecting from the existing users list (note - depending on permissions setup, you may not be able to see the list of existing users), specifying usernames or specifying emails.
1. Select users (who are not yet a member of this group) from the site
- The next screen presents a search widget to search users from the microsite; just enter any search criteria like username, first name or last name. You can also use the % character as a wildcard. Click Search to find the users.
- Select the intended users from the displayed list of users.
Click on the "Add new members as" button present below the list, and click on a role to be assigned to the members.
2. Enter Usernames
- On the previous screen, Click on Specify Username button, this will open a popup window.
- You can enter multiple usernames (it can't be first/last name) in the text field and click Submit. You can optionally specify the user's role as well on each line, but by default, the Learner role will be assigned if nothing is specified.
3. Enter Emails - From the members tab of the group
Note: This option is only available to site-admins. To allow other group admins to be able to add members using email, enable the setting Allow group admin to add learners via email from Site Details->Security tab first. Also, keep in mind that this option may create a new user in the site if a user with a matching email is not found.
- In screen on option 1, click on Specify Email button, this will open a popup window.
- You can enter multiple email IDs separated by a comma in the text field and click Submit. All users will be assigned the learner role in the group. A user with a matching email ID will be searched in the site, and if one is found, it will be used. If the one which is found is inactive, then it will be reactivated. If no existing user was found having the same email, then a new user account will be created, which will have the same user name as the specified email. The default password will be unspecified and the only way a user can get in the system is by requesting a password reset link via the Forgot password option.
Adding members (as site admin)
Users can be added to a group by site admin in the following ways:
1. During Bulk User Creation
During the bulk user creation process, you can select the groups from the site-groups and a group-member role for all the newly created users
2. Editing a user account
- From the Site Admin->Site Users page, search for any user account, and click Edit on the user's record
- Open the Group Memberships tab and click on Add User to Groups
- Select the site-groups from the list and Save
Selecting groups from the list view
Two lists are presented on this page. You can select any number of groups (from the left list) and click on the arrow button to move them to the right list. You can also select the appropriate role you want to assign to this user in selected groups. Once done, you can then click Subscribe button.
If the microsite has a large number of groups arranged in a hierarchy, you may find it easier to select groups from a tree view. Click on the button in the upper right corner to change the page to the tree view.
Selecting groups from the tree view
You can find groups in the hierarchy and select one or more groups (by holding the SHIFT key while clicking on a group). To switch to the list view, click on the button on the top right corner.
3. Site Users list
Multiple users can be added to multiple groups from the Users list.
- Users - View Users list, select users that need to be enrolled in the same groups.
- To select all users (listed on the page - click the Header checkbox), to view more user records on a single page, increase the page size using the menu on the left.
- Click 'Choose an action' - Add to group option.
- Enroll User to Groups popup appears - select groups and move to right panel for enrollment then click subscribe.
Note: If you had created a hierarchical group structure on your site, adding a user in a child group adds the user to the parent group.
Approve / Reject Membership Requests
To view membership requests for a group, group owner or admin can open the Members tab of the group, and filter the members listing for Pending status. From this list select the users who you want to approve or reject, and click on the corresponding action button.
- Accept Request: Membership of the user will become active
- Reject Request: Membership will be rejected, user can re-request
- Block Sender: Membership will be blocked, user can no longer request again
If there is a need to prevent a user from becoming a member of a group, the group admin can put the user in "blocked" status. Blocked users in a group can not become active members of the group by enrolling/purchasing any available course session/program session/event. The blocked status also prevents group admins from managing these users (if management by group admin is enabled in microsite).
However, the group admin can later re-activate the user and reset their "blocked" status, if needed. To block an active member in a group, open the Members tab of the group, then move the mouse on the row containing that member and click on Block link from the Actions column.
Group Members List
The group members list can be filtered by group role, group status, or the user's account status. User custom property filters can also be added to the search. The list provides download options to download data in CSV format.
Following actions can be performed for multiple selected users
- Enroll in multiple course sessions/program sessions
- Add users to other groups
- Remove members
- Change members group role.