- You can get started with CMS by using the Customization wizard. Open the wizard by clicking on the Customize link (just before Help link). Click on Initial Setup link, and skip to reach to the following screen which provides an option to Create Homepage. Click on it to initialize CMS in your site.
- Initialization step will create few starter pages and templates in CMS, once the creation is complete, the pages will be published and homepage url of the site will be changed to the newly published homepage (you can see the new URL by going to Site Details->User Interface). You will be provided link to go to CMS or to the homepage. The new homepage will look like this...
Updating Default Home Page
- Default home page is created using page name 'index'.
- To update default home page, you can directly go to CMS browser by using Site Admin->CMS menu, search for site page 'index'. click page name link to open the page. Edit button is present to open the page in edit mode.
- index page by default opens in text editor, If you want to open it in WYSIWYG editor you can change page property and disable text editor, while editing using wysiwyg editor you need to be careful not to break html tags.
- You can upload images or document in the page by using the toolbar pin icon.
- You can add links to other pages created by CMS by using button in the toolbar, and selecting the appropriate page to link.
- Placing uploaded image in the page - To add a uploaded image in the page, first point your cursor to that place where you want to add that image then click pin icon to select the uploaded image.
- Adding uploaded doc/pdf link in the page - To add a link for a uploaded file add the text then use the pin icon to select the file from existing flies tab.
- After updates - save and publish the page.
- Site level publishing - To reflect page changes to site, you need to perform site level publishing using publish button present on cms browser page.
Adding a new site page
- Click on create a new Site Page link (keep the name of the page small, and avoid spaces in name)
- Enter the content for the page using the rich text editor.
- Images can be added same way as described in default home page section.
- You can click on Save Draft button save intermediate changes while you are editing, the editor also does a background save every 2 minutes. You can also quit the session and comeback again to resume editing.
- Once all the content is ready, click on Publish button to create a version of the page's content. Until you perform Publish, its content will not be pushed to Site.
- You can edit the page's content even after publish, just repeat the whole cycle of Draft save and Publish again when ready
- To create an include,
- click on new Site Page Include link
- add appropriate content and click on publish to complete the editing
- To add a link to this new page from Quicklinks, Edit the quicklinks and add another link by clicking on button in the toolbar to select the newly added site page
- After making any changes to content in any page, go to CMS Browser again and Click on Publish button to publish the changes.
- Editing Properties: Some features of the page's display can be modified by changing properties of the page rather than content. E.g. enable/diable display of Quicklinks sidebar you have to set the QUICKLINKS property true/false. And to create a new sidebar which you want to include in the page, specify the name of the Site Page Include in the QUICK_LINKS_INC property.
Common Issue After adding a new Page
- When accessing newly created page - getting error 'olt.exceptions.OnlineTestRuntimeException: Template for view=About does not exist.'
This error appears if new page is not published, Please note there is two steps publishing requires. Publishing the page and then publish cms changes using CMS browser Publish button present in left side search area.
- If you get an error in viewing the newly added page, try adding &reload=true in the addressbar to reload the cache. E.g. instead of http://<siteurl>/oltpublish/site/cms.do?view=newpage try http://<siteurl>/oltpublish/site/cms.do?view=newpage&reload=true