A Group Admin's permission can be configured by the site admin to allow several admins of specific groups to manage the users within their own groups. If these permissions are not enabled, then only the site admin can perform User Management operations. These permissions allow fully delegated user management instead of relying on site admins.
These permissions can be configured from the Site Admin -> Site Details - Security Tab
Group Admin's Dashboard
My Groups Widget
If the My Groups panel is enabled to display on the dashboard, it shows a few additional action buttons/links for groups where the current user is an admin. These additional links/buttons are:
- View Members Link - this link opens the members tab of the group
- + Add - this button opens user creation screen. The new user will be added to this group upon creation.
- ++ Add - this button opens bulk user creation screen. Like the previous option, all new users will be added to this group upon creation.
- Report - this button opens the course enrollments report for this group.
Although by default, the My Groups panel on the dashboard displays all the groups where the user is a member (and not just the groups where the user is admin), Site Admins can restrict the My Groups widget to show only group admins. This setting can be enabled from the site admin's my group panel's settings.
Group Summary Widget
The Group Summary widget provides a quick summary of group members' activities like the total sign-ins, course player launches, tests taken, and topics posted on a Monthly/Weekly/Daily scale. The Enrollments tab provides course/program enrollment/completion data presented as a bar chart. The Group Details tab presents the group's general details like total members, admins, instructors, and the group owner. Links are provided to access the Group Members page.
The summary widget can be enabled using GROUP_ADMIN_DASHBOARD_WIDGET=true.
Group Members List
The Group Members list is available on the Members tab of the group.
Searching for Members
You can search for a user using the first name, last name, username, or email. User custom property filters are also available in the search area. Members list can be filtered using the member's group role and group status.
Finding group members that are not active users in the site
The account status dropdown provides an option to access the site's inactive users or all (active + inactive) users.
Editing a user
To edit details of any user who is in this group, click on Edit link displayed for the user's record in list.
From the user's edit screen, the group admin can perform following actions -
1. Edit member - First Name, Last Name, Email, Time Zone and other profile custom properties.
2. Reset Group Member's password OR send a password reset email
3. Send a Welcome Email
4. Change the user's status - Activate/Deactivate User - Inactive user will retain group membership
Adding a New Group Member
To create a new user in a group, (which is not yet present in site),
- Click on the Add Members button (present on the right top menu on the group members list) and click the 'Create User' menu link.
- Fill all the information for creating a new member - can send welcome mail at the time of creation.
- The new user will be created and will show up in the Group Members listing.
Managing Group Memberships
Group admins can also manage group-memberships (in other groups) of users from their group. From the Group Members list, click the 'Edit' link, and then open the Group Membership tab for a specific user. On this page, you can perform the following actions.
1. Remove user from Groups.
2. Add user in more groups
3. Change the role of the user in groups
Both these actions can be performed by the user, only for those groups where the user has the admin or coordinator role.
Enrolling users in Training (CS/PS)
To enroll multiple selected users in course sessions or program sessions, select one or more users from the group members list, and then click Enroll-> Enroll Members to Course Sessions or Enroll-> Enroll Members to Program Sessions. A popup window will appear that shows the available course or program sessions for enrollment. Select the appropriate sessions from the list.
A group admin (GA) can enroll their group members to only those course sessions and program sessions that meet the following criteria:
- Course session/program session is created in any group where GA has an admin role.
- Course Session/program session is created in any ancestor group and is set as accessType = Open
- Course Session/program session is created at any group with access type 'paid' and a valid full value coupon is added at the course session/program session-level for GA's group. Free access coupon makes course session/program session free for GA's group's members using the auto-apply coupon code mechanism.
- GA has a coordinator role in groups where course session/program is created
- Group admin is not allowed to enroll learners in course sessions/program sessions created in any ancestor group with the accessType of 'By Invite'.
Managing user's enrolled Trainings
All of the user's enrolled courses are present in this tab. The Remove link appears when you hover the mouse over the Actions cell allowing a Group Admin to remove a user from an enrolled course session.
Enrolling Users in Program Sessions
From the Group Members list, click on the Enroll button and then click on the "Enroll Members to Program Session" link in the menu. Select the user(s) and click the Enroll Members to Program Session link. A popup appears for selecting the program sessions for enrollment.
Group Member's Reports
Course Enrollments Report
A Group Admin can view group members' course enrollment details and download data. The download option is present to download data in CSV format.
Program Enrollments Report
A Group Admin can access the program report for group members. The group admin can also print a learner's certificate. They can also download a members' program data in CSV format.
Editing Program Member's Details
A Group Admin can edit a group member's program details using the Edit link present in the list.
Accessing User's Transcript
From Group Members list - a GA can click on the Transcript link for any user in the list. On the transcript page, the GA can do the following:
1. Print Certificate, Download Transcript
2. Edit Course Session Enrollment data - Extend Access Date, Reset Award.
3. Allow More Quiz Attempts
Allow GA to create paid items
If a group admin has permission to create 'paid items', the group admin can create course sessions with an access type of 'Paid'.
Note: Group admin permissions are applicable for site admin owned groups.