Group Admin's Permissions
Group Admin's permission can be configured by site admin, to allow several admin of specific groups to manage the users within their own groups. Is these permissions are not enabled, then only site admin can perform User Management operations. These permissions allow fully delegated user management instead of relying on site admins.
These permissions can be configured from Site Admin -> Site Details - Security Tab
Additional actions for Group Admins on Dashboard
If my groups panel is enabled to display on dashboard, it shows few additional action buttons/links for groups where current user is an admin. These additional links/buttons are
- View Members Link - this link opens the members tab of the group
- + Add - this button opens user creation screen. The new user will be added to this group upon creation.
- ++ Add - this button opens bulk user creation screen. Like previous option, all new users will be added to this group upon creation.
- Report - this button opens the Learners report for this group (Course Members listing for all enrollments filtered by this group)
Although by default, My Groups panel on dashboard displays all the groups where user is a member (and not just the groups where user is admin), you can set am optional property GROUP_PORTLET_ADMIN_ONLY=true in Site Details->Customization, to make this panel display only those groups where user is an admin. If a user is not an admin in any group, this panel will remain invisible.
Group Members List
Group members list is available on Members tab of the group.
Searching for members
You can search for a user using first name, last name, username or email. You can also filter this list by role. Another filter Membership Status provides additional filtering option.
Finding group members that are not active user in site
Using Inactive checkbox, you can find inactive groups members and activate their account by editing them.
Editing a user
To edit details of any user who is in this group, click on Edit link displayed for the user's record in list.
From user's edit screen, group admin can perform following actions -
1. Edit member's - First Name, Last Name, Email, Time Zone and other profile custom properties.
2. Reset Group Member's Password OR Send password reset email
3. Send Welcome Email
4. Change user's status - Activate/Deactivate User - Inactive user will retain group membership
Adding New Group Member
To create a new user in group, (which is not yet present in site),
- click on Add Members button (present on right top menu on the group members list) and click 'Create User' menu link.
- Fill all the information for creating a new member - can send welcome mail at the time of creation.
- The New user will be created and will show up in Group member's listing.
Managing Group Memberships of the Users
Group admin can also manage group-memberships (in other groups) of users from their group. From Group Members list click 'Edit' link, and then open Group Membership tab for a specific user. On this page, you can perform following actions.
1. Remove user from Groups.
2. Add user in more groups
3. Change role of user in groups
Both these actions can be performed by the user, only for those groups where user has admin or coordinator role.
Enroll multiple users in Course sessions / Program sessions
To enroll multiple selected users in course sessions or program sessions, select one or more users from the group members list, and then click Enroll-> Enroll Members to Course Sessions or Enroll-> Enroll Members to Program Sessions. A Popup window will appear that shows available course or program sessions for enrollment. Select the appropriate sessions from the list.
A group admin GA can enroll their group members to only those course sessions and program sessions, that meet following criteria -
- Course sessions/program session is created in the any group where GA has admin role.
- Course Sessions/program session is created at any ancestor group, and is set as accessType = Open
- Course Sessions/program session is created at any group with access type 'paid' and a valid full value coupon is added at course session/program session level for GA's group. Free access coupon makes course session/program session free for GA's group's members using auto apply coupon code mechanism.
- GA has coordinator role in groups where course session/program is created
- Group admin is not allowed to enroll learners in Course Sessions/program sessions created in any ancestor group with accessType 'By Invite' .
Managing user's enrolled course sessions
User's all enrolled courses list is present in this tab. Remove link appears when you hover the mouse in Actions column, Group Admin can remove a user from an enrolled course session.
Enroll users in Program sessions
From the Group Members list, click on Enroll button and then click on "Enroll Members to Program Session" link is present in the menu. A. Select user(s) and click Enroll Members to Program Session - Popup appears for selecting program sessions for enrollment.
Group Member's Reports :
Learners Report - Group Admin can view group members course enrollment details and download data.
Download option is present to download data in csv format.
Program Member's Report : Group Admin can access program report for group members. Group admin can also Print learner's Certificate. They can also download members program data in csv format.
Editing Program Member's Details
Group Admin can Edit group member's program details using Edit link present in list.
Accessing User's Transcript and course certificate
From Group Members list - GA can click on Transcript link for any users in the list. On the transcript page, GA can do following
1. Print Certificate , Download Transcript
2. Edit Course Session Enrollment data - Extend Access Date, Reset Award.
3. Allow More Quiz Attempts